Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology: Leiden University
- Postgraduate degree
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology: Leiden University, P.O. Box 9500 , 2300 RA, Leiden, Leiden, Netherlands
Anthropology and Archaeology
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 01 February, 01 September
- 1 year
- App Deadline
- 01 April, 15 October
- 31 - (0)71-5277287
- 31 - (0)71-5277298
- BA degree in Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology or a relevant field (see website www.leiden.edu).
- TOEFL (minimum score: 570/230); IELTS (minimum score: 6.5)
- See website www.leiden.edu. Students might have to follow a pre-master programme depending on their BA degree.
- Provide general theoretical knowledge of the discipline; thorough knowledge of culture & society in a certain region to be able to analyze social problems, report on them in scientific way & give advice on policies; scientific skills needed to independently design & execute fundamental & applied research; provide knowledge, skills & instruments needed on the job market in different societies.
- Sub-Sahara Africa and Indonesia; culture and media; politics and development; intercultural gender studies; urban sociology; intercultural communication and interethnic relations; medical anthropology; religious anthropology.
Modes of instruction:
- Lectures, seminars, research projects, master's thesis and field work in a developing country.
People who viewed 'Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology: Leiden University
' also found interest in following institutions . . .